Abu Garcia Revo Premier 7.1:1 High Speed Casting Reel
SPECIFICATIONS: Retrieve: Right | Gear Ratio: 7.1:1 | Capacity YD/LB: Mono: 177/10 145/12 102/15; Braid: 189/20 142/30 99/50 | LPT: 29" | Max Drag: 20lb. | Bearings: 11 | Weight: 5.90oz. | MPN: RVO3PRM-HS
The new Revo® Premier features a lighter, more compact design that crosses the sub 6-ounce barrier by utilizing advanced materials including C6 Carbon sideplates and an upgraded carbon fiber handle with comfortable EVA knobs. The new wider Infini II™ spool design further improves casting performance without increasing the overall width of the reel. An upgraded X2- Cräftic™ alloy frame provides more advanced corrosion protection and the sideplates are constructed from weight reducing C6 Carbon.
The improved D2 Gear System is the next generation in Duragear™ design and provides better efficiency than previous models. A total of 10 High Performance Corrosion Resistant (HPCR®) bearings and one roller bearing provide smooth performance and advanced corrosion protection. The brake system has been upgraded to the Infinitely Variable Centrifugal Brake (IVCB-IV™), the same top of the line brake system used in the Revo MGX for precise control, whether casting heavy jigs or lightweight finesse baits. With 28 positions of external adjustment, the one of a kind design allows fine tuning on the water without removing the sideplate. Additionally, the IVCB-IV system allows anglers to cast extremely lightweight baits, something other baitcaster reels struggle with.
- 10 stainless steel HPCR® bearings + 1 roller bearing provides increased corrosion protection
- X2-Cräftic™ alloy frame for increased corrosion resistance
- C6 carbon sideplates provide significant weight reduction without sacrificing strength and durability
- Carbon Matrix™ drag system provides smooth, consistent drag pressure across the entire drag range
- D2 Gear Design™ provides a more efficient gear system while improving gear durability
- Infinitely Variable Centrifugal Brake gives very precise brake adjustments allowing anglers to easily cast a wide variety of baits
- Infini II™ spool design for extended castability and extreme loads
- Compact bent carbon handle provides a more ergonomic design that is extremely lightweight
- Flat EVA knob provide greater comfort and durability
- Ti coated line guide reduces friction and improves durability
- Product Specs
Homepage Headline Retrieve: Right | Gear Ratio: 7.1:1 | Capacity YD/LB: Mono: 177/10 145/12 102/15; Braid: 189/20 142/30 99/50
LPT: 29" | Max Drag: 20lb. | Bearings: 11 | Weight: 5.90oz. | MPN: RVO3PRM-HS
Manufacturer Abu Garcia Price $299.95 Shop By Fishing Reel Reel Type Casting Series Revo Premier Retrieve Right Hand Gear Ratio 7.1:1 Line Retrieve per Crank 29 Ball Bearings 10 Roller Bearings 1 Reel Weight 5.8 Capacity YD/LB: Mono: 177/10 145/12 102/15; Braid: 189/20 142/30 99/50 Max Drag 20
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- ABU Garcia says it all
I now have 7 of these reels. I started back fishing after 20+ year layoff. Before deciding on a reel I handled and looked at most all brands. The Revo Premier is a great reel and that is why I keep buying them. I want all my reels to be the same as I change rods and baits.
- Best Reel in my collection
This reel casts very smooth, the drag is easy to adjust and figure out, and this reel is super light! I have all Abu Garcia reels, Black Max, Revo Inshore, Revo STX, and Revo Premier. The Premier is great and I prefer to use it over all my other reels. It casts long and smooth, and tosses light baits well. I have caught several bass with it up to 8lbs and it performed great!
- Nice reel
The Revo Premier is a nice reel. Performs well, but maybe my expectations were a little high. Probably would have got two Revo SX's instead if I had to do it over again. I couldn't tell the difference in performance to make up for the substantial price difference.
- great reel
I recently purchased a Revo Beast for swimbaits and liked that reel so much that I thought I would try another Revo. I purchased the Premier to see if I would it and come to find out this is the best reel I have ever used. I have been a long time Shimano fan but I am switching to Abu.