The ultimate in plastic rotationally molded coolers. Packed with patented award winning features along with Engel's known quality and function...these ice boxes simply out-perform all the competitors. They offer more insulation and more useful features than any other cooler available....period. There are also several accessories available. The design and concept originated in Jupiter Florida...known for its' illustrious history in trophy quality Sport-Fishing, these ice boxes are high quality marine grade...designed by fisherman for fishermen. They are also tested "Bear Resistant" by the USDA
- 2" Quality Polyurethane insulation
- Seamless polyethylene construction
- Each model sized to match industry standards for boats
- Non-Skid lid with dual corner locking holes
- Molded hand grip and convenient rope handles
- Large non-skid, non-marking feet designed to keep the cooler from sliding
- Air tight freezer gasket seal in lid
- Unique easy-open drain plug
- Cooler drains completely dry when drain plug is opened one turn
- Rugged full length self stopping hinge
- Low profile marine grade latches
- Easily secures down with most tie-down systems
- Cooler lid is designed to hold state fishing law stickers or your boat's name
- Industry standard cushions fit each model.
- Product Specs
Manufacturer Engel Color Tan Price $369.99 Shop By Cooler Options Cooler Size 58 Quarts Color Tan
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Great Cooler - Not great Latches
Pros - This Cooler is very tough, and holds ice for several days. I also got the divider and baskets to hold food that you don't want to sit on the ice. I would recommend doing the same.
The cooler keeps drinks ice cold even when they aren't sitting in the ice.
Cons - This cooler is very heavy. I'm sure it is probably the same as other coolers in this category, but because it is so heavy, it limits where you can (easily) take it.
The versatility of the cooler could be vastly improved with wheels and a pull out handle.
The latches on this cooler really should be re engineered. They seem very cheaply made for a cooler of this quality, and when the cooler is open, the latches stick out about 3 inches which makes them very susceptible to being broken off by someone walking by. Many other reviews have said that the latches break after only a few uses. I have used my cooler for just one weekend, but it was opened and closed many times with no trouble.. So far, the latches are holding up, but I am trying to order an extra set just in case. However, Engel is out of stock on their website. I guess the high demand for the replacement latches is further confirmation that they are not likely to last long.
But overall this is an excellent cooler and does keep ice and food VERY cold for at least 4-5 days.
- GREAT COOLER WELL BULT AND WORTH THE MONEY
This is a great cooler rugged well built and holds ice for 4 to five days with min opening and closing I live in south Louisiana and use the cooler every weekend going to my camp on the river I fish trout lines and store cleaned fish in the ice chest for the weekend it holds the ice thru the weekend well and can add ice on Monday and will hold fish thru Thursday the day temps this time of the year are in the high 70 to low 80 and night temps is in the low 60 cant wait until the summer gets here to see what the cooler does with highs in the 90s and lows in the 70 THIS COOLER HAS OUT PERFORMED ANY COOLER I HAVE EVER OWNED WELL WORTH THE MONEY