Breambuster - Shimano Thunnus CI4 Reels - Sahara R
Lightweight and the power to stop big fish. Not a sentence you are used to hearing! Seemingly against the laws of nature. Thunnus takes a page from our Bicycle division using Carbon materials in high impact situations. Thunnus CI4 is a response to all the anglers out there in love with the ease of use and functionality that wanted the reel to shed some weight.
Thunnus CI4 Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Saltwater
- Models Offered: 4
- Key Feature: Baitrunner system
- Ball Bearings: 6
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 15-25
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 30-37
Thunnus CI4 Reel Features
- HAGANE Gear gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano’s cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It’s the fruit of Shimano’s inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- Super Stopper II anti-reverse uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- ARB are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- Dyna-Balance eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Fluidrive II features a large master gear polished using a wrapping process, increasing the efficiency of the retrieve.
- SR-Concept combines the new concept of Reliance with all aspects of the S-Concept: Smooth, Silent and Strong. The Reliance Concept, or R-Concept, means that dreams in reel design are now evolving into reality. The result of the use of the new S-R Concept in design is the development of many exciting new features.
- Propulsion Line Management System contains a new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.