Shimano Chronarch Ci4+ Reels
Weighing in at only 6.5oz, the Shimano Chronarch 150 CI4 Casting Reel takes reel performance to a whole new level.
Lighter and more advanced than ever before, its CI4+ construction allowed Shimano to greatly reduce its overall weight, while still maintaining incredible rigidity and strength.
Actually 250% stronger than the original CI4 material, CI4+ is also over one-and-a-half times stronger than Shimano’s normal XT-7 graphite and is over 20% lighter as well. Since CI4+ does not contain any metal, it is impervious to rust, making the Chronorch CI4+ a great choice for fishing saltwater or brackish water.
Chronarch CI4+ Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Low-Profile
- Models Offered: 7
- Key Feature: Rigid CI4+ Frame Construction
- Ball Bearings: 7
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 11 (Lb)
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 26-32
Chronarch CI4+ Reel Features
- Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- Super Free Spool - SF was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First we increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, we have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- SVS Infinity - Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- ARB - These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- S A-RB - These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
There are no products matching the selection.