Echelon - Mossyback - Spectrum - Shimano Ultegra CI4 Reels
Our MossyBack Jig & Worm Series is designed specifically for fishing jigs and soft plastics in and around heavy cover. Whether the fish are in the thick stuff or just hiding in the rocks, you need a rod that will give you sensitivity to feel the bite, the right action to set the hook and the power to control the fish. The MossyBack Series is our mid-priced models and feature our proprietary “fiber-blend” construction with full cork grips, Fuji guides and reel seats. There are eight casting rods and three spinning rods. If you're into lightweight and sensitivity, power and control, at an affordable price then the MossyBack Jig & Worm Series rods are an excellent option!
The use of CI4+ delivers a substantial weight saving on the compact Ultegra body making rod speed easier to generate when distance casting. To further increase casting performance the Ultegra uses Super Slow Oscillation line lay and an AR-C spool fitted with Instant Drag for simple, ultra fast adjustment. Cold Forged gearing and X-Ship produce powerful winding performance and 5 Stainless A-RB bearings plus a Shimano Roller bearing deliver supreme smoothness.
Ultegra CI4 Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Surf
- Models Offered: 1
- Key Feature: Shimano Instant Drag
- Ball Bearings: 5
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 33
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 41
Ultegra CI4 Reel Features
- Super Stopper II anti-reverse uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- S A-RB bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- AR-C Spool is a patented spool design with a V-shape spool lip means line peels off the reel in smaller loops, resulting in longer and more accurate casts. The AR-C spool also minimises the risk of backlash.
- Super Slow Oscillation for outstanding line lay.
- Shimano Instant Drag allows a quick adjustment of the front drag knob to take the reel from your current drag setting to free spool in just half a turn.