Echelon - Shimano Spheros SW Reels - G. Loomis Pro Blue Rods
With its known durable design to handle the salt, the new Spheros SW spinning reels offer even more angler confidence with new Shimano 'SW Concept' features. In sizes for off the beach, inshore action, and blue water use.
Spheros SW Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Saltwater
- Models Offered: 5
- Key Feature: X-Ship
- Ball Bearings: 4
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 22-44
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 38-45
Spheros SW Reel Features
- HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler’s actions directly into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- HAGANE Gear gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano’s cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It’s the fruit of Shimano’s inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- S A-RB bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- X-Shield combine to provide extreme water resistance in the harshest conditions.
- CF Gear delivers the toughness and performance level required by saltwater anglers. We utilize our cold forging technology to deliver a gear with incredible structural strength that provides the best protection against abrasion and damage.
- Cross Carbon Drag provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
G. Loomis Pro Blue Rods will make any day on the water a lot more enjoyable. Often rods such as this are referred to as “stand-up” rods, but these are very different than what you have seen or used before.
G. Loomis Pro Blue Rods
- a blend of traditional flats rods and bay rods with cork handles
- heavy-duty Fuji reel seats
- Fuji “large I.D.” guides
- G. Loomis hybrid blanks designed with dynamic, fast-actions that allow you to wrestle big fish without distractions or malfunctions.
G. Loomis Pro Blue Series Rods are designed where you can feel the difference immediately. They are very light, yet strong and powerful. Made in the USA. Limited Lifetime Warranty.