Echelon - Shimano Sustain FG Reels
Delivering top-shelf performance and the latest in Shimano's spinning reel technologies, the Shimano Sustain FG Spinning Reel also features a clean, classic black finish that pairs perfectly with any rod series. Incredibly lightweight and powerful as well thanks to its rigid X-Ship construction and Paladin Gear Durability Enhancement, the Sustain FG has the cranking power you would expect from a premier spinning reel. It also features a convenient Reel Stand, which really helps protect it from damage on you boat deck. The Propulsion Line Management System greatly improves casting performance, and the Aero Wrap II Oscillation Wrap System ensures uniform line lay and winding shape. Smooth as silk and tough as nails, the Shimano Sustain FG Spinning Reel lives up to its reputation.
Sustain FG Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Spinning
- Models Offered: 7
- Key Feature: Magnumlite CI4+ Rotor
- Ball Bearings: 8
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 7-20
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 30-41
Sustain FG Reel Features
- HAGANE Gear gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano’s cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It’s the fruit of Shimano’s inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- Super Stopper II anti-reverse uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- S A-RB bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- Dyna-Balance eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Fluidrive II features a large master gear polished using a wrapping process, increasing the efficiency of the retrieve.
- SR-Concept combines the new concept of Reliance with all aspects of the S-Concept: Smooth, Silent and Strong. The Reliance Concept, or R-Concept, means that dreams in reel design are now evolving into reality. The result of the use of the new S-R Concept in design is the development of many exciting new features.
- Propulsion Line Management System contains a new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- Aero Wrap II two-speed oscillation system layers the line onto the spool in a crisscross pattern that reduces line-to-line friction for longer casts. AeroWrap reels utilize a patented worm gear design to move the spool upward quickly and downward slowly to wind the line in a precise pattern, reducing friction, and giving smoother, longer casting ability.
Starting at: $54.99
Out of stock