G. Loomis Muskie Rods - Shimano Calcutta D Reels
They say it takes 10,000 casts to catch a musky. If that’s true you’d better have the right equipment. G. Loomis Muskie Rods are just that. The Best musky rods on the planet!
These new G. Loomis Muskie rods are long, powerful, high performance fishing instruments designed specifically to fish the new hi-tech baits and techniques. These rods cast farther and any previous G. Loomis musky rod. Yet they are so light given their length and blank diameters.
G. Loomis Muskie Rods Feature:
- G. Loomis “Fiber Blend” hybrid blanks
- Fuji guides
- extended handles with premium “A” grade cork
- Fuji reel seats
- top-of-the-line build quality from G. Loomis
These rods are definitely the best-of-the-best and a key tool for any serious muskie fisherman. Made in the USA by G. Loomis. Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Shimano® introduces the next generation in round reels, and a whole new design to the reel series that has become a classic with both fresh and saltwater anglers. Sizes offered for serious cranking and with the power, rigidity and durability for season after season use. Now with X-Ship for better freespool and Shimano's 'S Compact Body' for better in the hand comfort, the new Calcutta® D reels will lead a new Round Era for anglers who look for quality, function, design and longevity.
Calcutta D Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Round-Profile
- Models Offered: 6
- Key Feature: S Compact Body Design
- Ball Bearings: 4
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 11-15
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 25-30
Calcutta D Reel Features
- HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler’s actions directly into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning.
- Super Free Spool was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First we increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, we have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- ARB are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- Metal Series is the metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels and now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
Starting at: $216.00
Out of stock