Omen 2 - Super FC Sniper - Super Duty - Shimano Antares Reels
Omen Black, the rod series that empowered angler's everywhere to take their fishing to the next level has been redesigned for 2016 and is better than ever. Available in a full line of tournament tested actions with Japanese 30 Ton Toray blanks incorporating Poly Vector Graphite Technology results in a lighter, more sensitive, more durable rod. Omen Black features hand selected 3A Portuguese full cork handles, double diamond coated Alps guides, Evolve Engage reel seats, and a snagless hook keeper, making them the most well balanced and sensitive rods in their class.
The flagship in Shimano's low-profile baitcasting reel line-up, the Antares reels - offered in two gear ratios for multiple freshwater fishing techniques features the ultimate in long distance casting performance. With Shimano's innovative Micro Module Gear System, plus a lightweight Magnesium frame, it's built to be fished hard.
Antares Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Low-Profile
- Models Offered: 7
- Key Feature: Micro Module Gear System
- Ball Bearings: 10
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 14
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 26-34
Antares Reel Features
- SMicro Module Gear creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- Super Stopper II anti-reverse uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- SVS Infinity - Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- S A-RB - These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.