Shimano Tiagra A Reels - Shimano Spirex FD Reels
The Number One choice of serious offshore anglers and captains.
Tiagra A Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Lever Drag
- Models Offered: 10
- Key Feature: Cold-Forge Aluminum Construction
- Ball Bearings: 6
- Roller Bearings: 0
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 33-99
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 36/41 - 15/22
Tiagra A Reel Features
- HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler’s actions directly into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- Metal Series is the metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels and now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool provides increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- ARB These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
The SPIREX FD features Quick Fire II for easy, one-handed casts and A-RB bearings for smooth-as-silk retrieves.
Spirex FD Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Spinning
- Models Offered: 3
- Key Feature: Quick Fire II
- Ball Bearings: 5
- Roller Bearings: 0
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 7-20
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 28-33
Spirex FD Reel Features
- S A-RB bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- Dyna-Balance eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Fluidrive II features a large master gear polished using a wrapping process, increasing the efficiency of the retrieve.
- Varispeed combines the new concept of Reliance with all aspects of the S-Concept: Smooth, Silent and Strong. The Reliance Concept, or R-Concept, means that dreams in reel design are now evolving into reality. The result of the use of the new S-R Concept in design is the development of many exciting new features.
- Quickfire II For easy and fast one-handed casts, the line and trigger self-center and are within easy grasp of the angler's index finger.
- Propulsion Line Management System contains a new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.