Shimano Trevala F Fishing Rods - Shimano Trinidad A Reels
Shimano has engineered the next generation of TC4 Construction. This new construction uses a high carbon butt section fused together with a TC4 tip section. This new blank design gives you the pulling power of TC4 but with less weight and increased sensitivity. You will also notice a much faster recovery rate, which will increase the jigging action and subdue fish faster.
Trevala F Rod Specs
- Models Offered: 9
- Key Feature: Custom Shaped Reargrip
- Construction: TC4F
- Guides: Fuji New Concept SIC
Trevala F Rod Features
- TC4F CONSTRUCTION
- NEW CONCEPT SIC GUIDES
- FUJI REEL SEAT - PALM STYLE
- EVA HANDLE GRIPS
Trinidad is a name that resonates with all Saltwater Anglers. It has earned an impeccable reputation for power and reliability world wide. Our quest for the new Trinidad A was no easy task. Lighter, smaller and more compact were the key physical characteristics and they were accomplished. The performance goal was to build the best casting reel in this category. We shattered our targets and have built a reel for casting which all others will be measured by.
Trinidad A Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Star Drag
- Models Offered: 7
- Key Feature: HEG Gearing
- Ball Bearings: 9
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 17-25
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 38-46
Trinidad A Reel Features
- HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler’s actions directly into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- Super Free Spool was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First we increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, we have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- S A-RB These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.