G. Loomis Warranty Program For Fishing Rods - Demystified
G. Loomis Warranty Information in Plain English
American Legacy Fishing Company is here to help you.
What the G Loomis Warranty Covers (and Doesn't Cover)
First and foremost let’s clarify the G. Loomis LIMITED Lifetime Warranty. All G. Loomis rods come with a LIMITED Lifetime Warranty against STRUCTURAL DEFECTS (Loomis calls this “non-conformances in materials and workmanship”) in the rod blank. If the rod blank fails STRUCTURALLY then G. Loomis will replace the rod at no charge. “Structural failure” means that something in the rod blank was defective when the rod was made and the rod broke due to this defect. No, this DOES NOT INCLUDE rods broken by rod lockers, overhead fans, door jams, big butts, big shoes or boots, irate wives, or other calamities that are “human created” rather than a structural failure. Nor does this warranty include rod guides, ceramic inserts in the guides, or tip tops.
It’s very important that you understand how this Limited Lifetime Warranty works. Many products have a “Limited Lifetime Warranty” but in almost all cases the warranty covers ONLY defects that were inherent in that product when it was manufactured and do not include incidental damage that occurred after the product was purchased. An example would be the tires on your car, truck, or SUV – if a tire blows out or fails during normal service (i.e. while on the vehicle and operated under normal conditions while properly inflated) you have every right to expect the manufacturer to replace that tire at little or no charge. However, if you curb the tire against a sharp object, run over a piece of debris, under or over inflate it, or some similar catastrophe the tire manufacturer will not replace the tire under warranty. They may offer you a discounted price on a replacement, but they will not offer you a new tire at no charge. Basically, this is the way the G. Loomis Limited Lifetime Warranty works.
3 Options for Replacing Your Broken G. Loomis Rod
OPTION 1: Get A Replacement Loomis Rod at NO COST.
Although this isn’t part of the G. Loomis Warranty, American Legacy Fishing will gladly replace your broken rod with the exact model at NO COST if at the time you contact us for a warranty you buy a new G. Loomis rod that sells for as much or more than the broken rod.
- It doesn’t have to be the same model or series of your broken rod, but the rod you purchase must have a list price of as much or more than the broken rod.
- This must be one, single transaction all occurring at the time of initial contact.
- This program is NOT AVAILABLE “after-the-fact” – i.e. you buy a new rod and then later send a rod in for warranty against a previously purchased new G. Loomis rod.
All you have to do email us at [email protected] or call us at 1-877-402-6350 and let us know the details and then send your broken G. Loomis rod back to us - we'll need all the pieces - and we'll send you an exact replacement G. Loomis rod and your new rod at our expense via ground shipping.
If you want us to ship your new rod and replacement rod immediately and then want to ship back the broken rod let us know at this time.
- We will charge your credit card for both rods. We will send your new rods out via FedEx Ground along with a prepaid FedEx return shipping label for the broken rod (remember, we need ALL the pieces).
- There is a $30.00 non-refundable additional shipping fee for this.
- Upon receipt of your broken rod we will refund the initial charge against your credit card for the difference between your warranty rod and your new G. Loomis rod.
Note: If the broken rod is a model that is no longer offered we will replace it with the model that is closest to the broken model. Usually this is not much of an issue as the current G. Loomis product line has actually grown over the years to well over 700 different rod models!
OPTION 2: G. Loomis Xpeditor Service
Even if your rod was broken due to something other than “structural failure” of the rod blank we can help.
You can request that your broken rod be replaced immediately from our stock using G. Loomis’ Xpeditor Program.
- We will take your credit card info, charge your card for the FULL PRICE of the exact replacement rod, and ship that replacement immediately via FedEx Ground or FedEx 2nd Day (see tables below) along with a prepaid FedEx Ground Return Shipping Label.
- Once you receive the replacement rod put ALL of the broken rod pieces in the shipping tube, seal the tube up to make sure we receive all the pieces, put the prepaid label on the outside of the tube, and get the package to FedEx.
- Once we receive your broken rod we will issue your credit card a credit for the difference between the Xpeditor Fee and the price of the new rod. (30 day limit)
Here are the G. Loomis Xpeditor Fees:
- GL2, GL3, E6X, IM6 – $100.00 Xpeditor Fee
- IMX, GLX, NRX, PRO4X, GL4, All other blends not identified by a material designation - $125.00 Xpeditor Fee
- Asquith - $250 Xpeditor Fee
Next Day Air service is also available. Please ask for specific cost (based on your shipping location)
- If the broken rod is a model that is no longer offered we will replace it with the model that is closest to the broken model. Usually this is not much of an issue as the current G. Loomis product line has actually grown over the years to well over 700 different rod models.
- This Xpeditor Service is also available directly from the G. Loomis factory.
OPTION 3: Return Your Broken Rod To G. Loomis For Warranty
If you feel your G. Loomis rod blank was STRUCTURALLY defective (“non-conformances in materials and workmanship”) then by all means return the rod to G. Loomis for a no charge replacement. We are unable to do this for you, but will do all we can to assist you in sending your rod to G. Loomis. If you live close to our retail store just stop by and ask for a used shipping tube for your broken rod. We will be happy to provide at no charge.
In shipping your broken rod back to G. Loomis your will need to fill out a G. Loomis Rod Warranty Request Form which you can print out using this link: G. Loomis Rod Warranty Form
ALL PIECES of the broken rod should be put in a disposable container along with the completed form and returned to:
G. Loomis Inc.
1359 Down River Road
Woodland, WA 98674
After G. Loomis has received your broken rod they will inspect it and make a warranty determination. If your rod is NOT deemed a warranty they will contact you and ask that you pay a fee between $100.00 to $175.00 for a replacement rod.
Additional Warranty Information:
- Discount coupons, Legacy Loyalty Rewards, or any other discount cannot be used for these programs.
- Always remove all attachments from your broken rod such as reels, handle wraps, or other accessories. Anything attached to your broken rod will not be returned.
- Please ship any broken rod in a disposable container. Containers received cannot be reused or returned. A great source of shipping tubes is any local carpet seller. Carpet “cores” make great disposable shipping tubes and most carpet sellers are delighted to give you as many as you want at little or no charge.
- If the broken rod is a model that is no longer offered we will replace it with the model that is closest to the broken model. Usually this is not much of an issue as the current G. Loomis product line has actually grown over the years to well over 700 different rod models!
- These programs are only available to USA shipping addresses. If you live outside of the USA we will still take care of your G. Loomis rod warranty, but you will be responsible for the Xpeditor fee, return shipping to ALFC for your broken rod as well as shipping costs for the new replacement G. Loomis rod shipped back to you. Contact us for a quote on return shipping cost.