Lew's BB1 Speed Spool Casting Reels
10 Bearing System • Centrifugal Brake System • Zero-Reverse
The Lew's® Speed Spool® model BB1 introduced anglers to several baitcast reel firsts, including the low-profile design, narrow spool, fully disengaging levelwind, and no-knob palming side cover. It became famous for its rugged durability, casting distance and comfort. The ingenuity and craftsmanship of the Lew's® BB1 reels developed a loyal following of anglers that still carries on to this day. Since the rebirth of the Lew's® brand, these anglers have been asking for the revival of the BB1 reels. Here’s the answer - the new BB1 and BB1Z baitcast series reels made even better than before with the use of modern technology and materials.
- One-piece die-cast aluminum frame
- Machined forged aluminum, double anodized, U-shaped large capacity spool
- Premium 10-bearing system with double-shielded ball bearings and multi-stop anti-reverse (BB1 and BB1L models)
- Premium 10-bearing system with double-shielded ball bearings and Zero-Reverse anti-reverse (BB1HZ, BB1SHZ, BB1HZL, BB1SHZL)
- Positive on/off Smart Plus™ Six Pin centrifugal braking system.
- Double anodized aluminum spool tension knob with audible click
- Carbon composite aluminum star drag system with 14-lbs. of drag power
- Bowed 95MM aluminum cranking handle with Lew's® custom SoftTouch contoured paddle handle knob
- Oversized titanium line guide positioned further away from the spool to minimize line friction and maximize casting performance
- Quick release sideplate mechanism provides easy access to centrifugal brake system
- External lube port
- Product Specs
Manufacturer Lew's Color Black Shop By Fishing Reel Reel Type Casting Series BB1 Gear Ratio None
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- My favorite reel for cranking
The BB1 in my opinion is an absolute must have for cranking, anything 3/8oz or over this reel will cast further than you will need. Retrieve is smooth, drag is perfect, line capacity is awesome. Cant go wrong with this one.