MotorGuide Xi5 Wireless Trolling Motor Sonar/GPS 80 lbs 54" Shaft 24V 940800230
- Sophisticated Steering Transmission - From its ball bearings that reduce friction and wear, to custom seals that keep water and dust out, to an extra-rigid shaft support tube– the Xi5 steering transmission delivers dependable, quiet, precise performance.
- Fully-Protected Electronics - The high-efficiency electronics are fully encapsulated in a high-tech coating, making them impervious to water and dust. There's also a protection circuit that prevents lower unit damage if the prop is stalled.
- New Composite Shaft - The new composite shaft can take on any and all obstructions that get in its way. It'll bend, but won't break. That's why it's backed with a lifetime warranty.
- Comes equipped with a 2 blade propeller for maximum power and weedlessness.
- Pinpoint GPS (on select models) - Available Pinpoint GPS works with the Xi5 to navigate your boat so you can focus on fishing. Features include:
- Anchor: When at a desired fishing spot, you can lock in the GPS coordinate and remain "anchored" within a few feet, even in wind and current. Save up to eight anchor spots for later use.
- Jog: While in Anchor mode, use the Jog feature to shift your position five feet in any direction. You can Jog as often as you want.
- Heading Lock: Choose a heading and Pinpoint GPS and the Xi5 will keep you on a straight-line course until Heading Lock is released.
- Route Record / Playback: Record and store eight routes up to four miles long each. Return and replay a stored route from anywhere.
- Cruise Control: While under way using Heading Lock or Route Playback, Cruise Control will maintain a constant boat speed. It even makes adjustments for wind and current.
- Product Specs
Manufacturer MotorGuide Color Black Price $1,449.99 Shop By Trolling Motors
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Love it.
Love it. Seamless sync with lowrance. Makes boat control in tight spots so much easier. The foot control sucks. But love everything else.
Service was spot on. Returned all my email questions very fast.
Highly recommend this trolling motor.
- Great company to do business with!
Very easy to operate, great service. Arrived on time as promised. Look forward to doing business with you in the future.
- Good motor, difficult foot control.
Review of the motorguide 80lb thrust 55" shaft with GPS. Mounted on 16' Lund Pro Sport Adventure. Purchased to hook up to Lowrance Fishfinder chartplotter Elite 7ti. Handheld remote works great. I upgraded from a 50 lb thrust Minn Kota Ipilot link. That had the color screen on the handheld remote which was nice to be able to see your settings. However the Lawrence handheld remote has no screen so all you get to hear are audible beeps from the trolling motor. Sound is very very soft and hard to hear the notification beeps. For example to increase cruise control speed you start at 1 mile an hour and each click goes up 1/10. So you have to keep track of the beeps. The foot pedal is a bit confusing at first. But you get used to the controls having used it for a while. What I find difficult is the heel-to-toe operation on the foot pedal to change direction of the motor as the spring on the foot pedal is hard to press up or down. I wish there were an adjustment on that. That's the reason for subtracting a star. The anchor lock system seems to work well however it will turn around a variety of times and wrap the cord around itself. Then you have to stop what you're doing and undo it. I mentioned hooking this up to my chartplotter, that feature will come next year as it costs about $250-300 to buy the cables needed so the two can talk to each other. So be aware that you will have that expense as well. This is much easier to retrieve and deploy than the minnkota. The turning motor that pivots the unit is also quite... The minnkota was very winey. I've had it now for a few weeks and have been out 4 times. So that gives you an indication of the vantage point of this review. Also, I upgraded to the 80lb from the 50lb thrust for longevity of the battery- now there's two and it lasts much longer.
- Outstanding motor
Great motor, very easy to use and install. Replaced my Minn Kota without having to drill new holes. The features of this motor are outstanding and make fishing even easier than before. I still have to get better with the pinpoint feature. It holds great, however you have to make sure the boat is not moving at all before you set it.