Shimano Talica TAC20II 2 Speed Lever Drag Conventional Reel
SPECIFICATIONS: Retrieve: Right | Gear Ratio: 5.2:1 | Weight: 32.3 oz | Bearings: 6 S-ARB | LPT: 46/20" | Max Drag: 45lb | Capacity: Mono 30 lb/470 yd, 40 lb/320 yd, 50 lb/260 yd; Braid 65 lb/725 yd, 80 lb/575 yd, 100 lb/435 yd.
Fly-lining live baits. Catching big fish on small leverdrags. Common sense says that this is an oxymoron. Star Drags are better casters by nature. They have lighter spools because the drags are in the gears, not the spool. Lever Drags tend to have more power in the drag system because their washers are so much larger.
With Talica 2-Speeds Shimano set out to break the mold. They wanted to make a 2-Speed leverdrag that could underhand a sardine 40 feet to the chum line with ease. They also wanted to increase the fishable drag capabilities of a small diameter reel to fish with heavy PowerPro and short Fluorocarbon top shots that anglers are using to land huge fish. They also knew, from their successes with HEG (High Efficiency Gearing) in their Star Drag reels, that they could make the ultimate 2-Speed: one with fast line pickup compared to traditional 2-speeds but with unbelievable crank power in either gear ratio. So when you drop it into low on a circling Tuna at deep color, instead of gaining a couple inches, you are gaining around 2 feet.
High Speed and Power, Compact Design with Excellent live-Bait Castability.
These High Speed, Compact leverdrags, with Powerful Gears and Drag Curves were designed for fly-lining live baits or chunks into the chum line on long Range Stand-Up Tuna Boats, utilizing PowerPro with short top shots. Small Reel - Big Fish!
- Compact, High Speed
- Castable lever Drag, with High Capacity
- E.I. Surface Treatment for extreme corrosion protection
- 2 year warranty with online registration
- One-Piece Cold Forged and Machined Aluminum Frame with E.I. Machined Aluminum Handle
- Side Sideplate with E.I. Cold Forged Machined Aluminum Spool with E.I. lightweight Spool with Greaseless Support Bearings for excellent live-bait castability
- Topless Design Oversized Carbon Drag Washers for Ultra-High Drag Pressures Waterproof Drag (when engaged)
- Silent Twin-Pawl Anti-Reverse Ergonomic Power Handle Ratcheting Drag lever
- Preset Knob with ClickClicker 2-Speed HEG (High Efficiency Gearing)
- S A-RB (Shielded A-RB Ball Bearings)
- Aluminum Rod Clamp Approved for use in Saltwater Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines
- Product Specs
Homepage Headline Retrieve: Right | Gear Ratio: 5.2:1 | Weight: 32.3 oz | Bearings: 6 S-ARB | LPT: 46/20" | Max Drag: 45lb
Capacity: Mono 30 lb/470 yd, 40 lb/320 yd, 50 lb/260 yd.; Braid 65 lb/725 yd, 80 lb/575 yd, 100 lb/435 yd.
Manufacturer Shimano Price $629.99 Shop By Fishing Reel Reel Type Casting Series Talica II Retrieve Right Hand Gear Ratio High 5.2:1 Low 2.3:1 Line Retrieve per Crank 46/20" Ball Bearings 6 S-ARB Reel Weight 32.3 oz Capacity Mono 30 lb/470 yd, 40 lb/320 yd, 50 lb/260 yd.; Braid 65 lb/725 yd, 80 lb/575 yd, 100 lb/435 yd. Max Drag 45 lb Dexterity Right