Shimano Talica TAC50II 2 Speed Lever Drag Reel
SPECIFICATIONS: Retrieve: Right | Gear Ratio: 3.8:1 | Weight: 56.0 oz | Bearings: 6 S-ARB | LPT: 45/20" | Max Drag: 60lb | Capacity: Mono 60 lb/440 yd, 80 lb/340 yd, 100 lb/250 yd; Braid 80 lb/1120 yd, 100 lb/945 yd, 150 lb/825 yd
Fly-lining live baits. Catching big fish on small leverdrags. Common sense says that this is an oxymoron. Star Drags are better casters by nature. They have lighter spools because the drags are in the gears, not the spool. Lever Drags tend to have more power in the drag system because their washers are so much larger. With Talica 2-Speeds Shimano set out to break the mold. They wanted to make a 2-Speed Leverdrag that could underhand a sardine 40 feet to the chum line with ease. They also wanted to increase the fishable drag capabilities of a small diameter reel to fish with heavy PowerPro and short Fluorocarbon top shots that anglers are using to land huge fish. They also knew, from their successes with HEG (High Efficiency Gearing) in their Star Drag reels, that they could make the ultimate 2-Speed: one with fast line pickup compared to traditional 2-speeds but with unbelievable crank power in either gear ratio. So when you drop it into low on a circling Tuna at deep color, instead of gaining a couple inches, you are gaining around 2 feet. High Speed and Power, Compact Design with Excellent Live-Bait Castability These High Speed, Compact Leverdrags, with Powerful Gears and Drag Curves were designed for fly-lining live baits or chunks into the chum line on Long Range Stand-Up Tuna Boats, utilizing PowerPro with short top shots. Small Reel - Big Fish!
- Power Beast to Next Level Max drag of 60 lbs. with Freespool West Coast Rail Standing Special Castable Design
- Compact, High Speed, Castable Leverdrag with High Capacity
- E.I. Surface Treatment for extreme corrosion protection
- 2 year warranty with online registration
- One-Piece, Forged and Machined Aluminum Frame with E.I.
- Machined Aluminum Handle-Side Forged Sideplate with E.I.
- Forged, Machinede Aluminum Spool with E.I.
- 2-Speed HEG (High Efficiency Gearing)
- 6 S A-RB (Shielded A-RB Bearings)
- Lightweight Spool with Support Bearings for excellent Freespool
- Removable Harness Lugs
- Topless Design
- Oversized Carbon Drag Washer for Ultra-High Drag Pressures
- Waterproof Drag (when engaged)
- Silent Triple-Pawl Anti-Reverse
- Ergonomic Power Handle
- Ratcheting Drag Lever
- Preset Knob with Click
- Aluminum Rod Clamp
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- Rated for use with Hollow-Ace™, PowerPro and Mono lines
- Product Specs
Homepage Headline Retrieve: Right | Gear Ratio: 3.8:1 | Weight: 56.0 oz | Bearings: 6 S-ARB | LPT: 45/20" | Max Drag: 60lb
Capacity: Mono 60 lb/440 yd, 80 lb/340 yd, 100 lb/250 yd; Braid 80 lb/1120 yd, 100 lb/945 yd, 150 lb/825 yd
Manufacturer Shimano Price $1,199.99 Shop By Fishing Reel Series Talica II Reel Type Casting Retrieve Right Hand Gear Ratio 3.8:1 Line Retrieve per Crank 45/20 Ball Bearings 6 S-ARB Reel Weight 56.0 oz Capacity Mono 60 lb/440 yd, 80 lb/340 yd, 100 lb/250 yd; Braid 80 lb/1120 yd, 100 lb/945 yd, 150 lb/825 yd Max Drag 60lb Dexterity Right