Shimano Tranx Reels
SPECIFICATIONS: Retrieve: Right | Gear Ratio: 6.6:1 | Weight: 20 | Bearings: 7 S-ARB, 1 RB | LPT: 43" | Max Drag: 25lb | Capacity: Hollow Ace 40/350, 60/275,80/260; Braid 50/420, 65/270,80/210; Mono 30/160,40/120, 50/100
The Power to Pull. The Speed to Burn. The reel to end all arguments.
• Revolutionary design and shape provides the comfort of low profile with the capacity of a conventional reel.
Features & Benefits
- X-Ship provides an extra smooth retrieve with superior durability
- HEG - a larger drive gear and pinion gear increase cranking efficiency
- SF - Superfree Bearing supported Pinion Gear eliminates friction with spool shaft for better freespool
- E.I. Surface Treatment on the spool protects against corrosion from saltwater soaked braided line
- S A-RB A-RB coating protects bearings from rust in saltwater use
- Super Stopper eliminates handle back play
- VBS Brake System effectively reacts to spool rotation speed to provide ideal brake force at all times during cast
- Dartainium II Drag Washer provides incredibly smooth drag performance with durability
- Ergonomic Power Handle for better leverage
- Product Specs
Homepage Headline Retrieve: Right | Gear Ratio: 6.6:1 | Weight: 20 | Bearings: 7 S-ARB, 1 RB | LPT: 43" | Max Drag: 25lb
Capacity: Hollow Ace 40/350, 60/275,80/260; Braid 50/420, 65/270,80/210; Mono 30/160,40/120, 50/100
Manufacturer Shimano Price $499.99 Shop By Fishing Reel Reel Type Casting Series Tranx Gear Ratio 6.6:1 Ball Bearings 7 S-ARB, 1 RB Capacity Hollow Ace 40/350, 60/275,80/260; Braid 50/420, 65/270,80/210; Mono 30/160,40/120, 50/100 Line Retrieve per Crank 43" Max Drag 25lb Retrieve Right Hand Dexterity Right Reel Weight 20
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- If this reel was a car, then it's a Lincoln
Don't let the weight of this reel sway you from its performance. As other reviewers have stated it pulls large bucktails effortlessly. I can't count how many times a musky has swam towards me right after hook set. You are on equal footing with this reel. 43 inches of line retrieve with one crank of the handle (HG model). The reel feels tight and casts like a dream. Although somewhat pricey, it is high quality and will retain its value.
- Saving up to buy the PG model
In my 60 years of fishing I've rarely found a product that exceeded my expectations,the Shimano TranX did that and more. I do mostly saltwater fishing and the reel has performed better than expected. Reeling up fish from 150 feet down was so effortless I never knew how big the fish were until they broke the surface. The TranX consistently outdistanced other casters when throwing bait. Big stripers were no match for the TranX, and the speed of the HG has to be experienced to be believed in a levelwind. Pass on the Avets,Canyons,and Accurates and get yourself a TranX.