Shimano Talica Reels
The Talica is the pinnacle of the small lever drag 2-Speed market. Designed from the ground up to be an excellent casting reel with an ultra-smooth and powerful drag system to handle long battles. These reels were purpose built to take advantage of modern braided lines such as Power Pro Hollow Ace and shorter fluorocarbon leaders. We offer the Talica in 11 different sizes to tackle a variety of offshore fish from the football size tuna, to record setting class pelagic species.
Talica Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Lever Drag
- Models Offered: 11
- Key Feature: Cranking power
- Ball Bearings: 6
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 20-60
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 38-41
Talica Reel Features
- HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First we increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, we have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler’s actions directly into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- S A-RB These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool provides increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- Metal Series is the metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels and now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.