Shimano Tyrnos 2-Speed Reels - Legalis LT
The Tyrnos 2-Speed allows for selectable Power or High Speed gear ratio. Rip jigs fast, then put it in low gear for fish-fighting strength. Because two sets of gears are always meshed, changes can even happen under load, and the lever drag system provides easy, on-the-fly adjustments.
Tyrnos 2-Speed Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Lever Drag
- Models Offered: 3
- Key Feature: 2-speed gearing
- Ball Bearings: 4
- Roller Bearings: 0
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 16.5-33
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 45/18-44/16
Tyrnos 2-Speed Reel Features
- ARB These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler’s actions directly into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- Metal Series is the metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels and now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
Starting at: $69.99
With a stark, modern appearance, these handsome reels are modestly priced with an abundance of design and engineering features. The LT body (light yet tough) is constructed from a carbon-based composite that is much lighter than conventional materials yet very durable. With a much greater strength to weight ratio, the reels are lighter and can be handled without fatigue over the long course of a full day’s fishing. The spool design features the Advanced Ballistic System or ABS. This technology utilizes a reversed taper to pay out line in bigger loops reducing outgoing friction and improving casting distance. The oversize spool also holds more line and can exert more pressure on hooked gamefish. The Air Rotor and Air Bail are carbon composite designed lighter and stronger than conventional designs. Smoothness of operation is assured by 6 ball bearings and a roller bearing. Rarely in the spinning reel market can you find a reel modest in price yet loaded with state of the art technical and design features. The Daiwa Legalis LT is that reel.Learn More