Black Widow - Shimano Metanium Reels - Tatula Elite Signature Series Rods
For the avid fisherman and tournament bass angler the new Metanium baitcasting reels are LOW PROFILE all about lightweight versatile performance. Weighing in at 6-ounces (6.2 oz for XG model), Shimano offers three gear ratios to have the optimum retrieve speed to fish jigs & worms, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits, and the XG for flipping or punching.
Metanium Reel Specs
- Family Type : Low-Profile
- Models Offered : 6
- Key Feature : Micro Module Gear System
- Ball Bearings : 9
- Roller Bearings : 1
- Maximum Drag (lb) : 14
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (in) : 26-36
- Weight Range (oz) : 6-6.2
Metanium Reel Features
- The Micro Module Gear System creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- S A-RB bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
Tatula Elite Signature Series Rods
Daiwa's added Tatula Elite Series Bass Rods to its stellar line up. What makes these rods so special? These are true signature series rods that were developed by Daiwa's Pros such as Randy Howell, Brent Ehrler, Ish Monroe, Takahiro Omori, Andy Montgomery, Seth Feider and Cody Meyers. Each pro was asked to pick their favorite techniques and design specific rods to be the ultimate action to accomplish that technique. Our Pros were given absolutely free reign to pick rod blank, guides and reel seat, so this series is the perfect personalized series line of rods.
Now anglers do not have to guess what the right rod action would be for a specific technique. Daiwa pros have taken all of the guess work out of it so you don't have to hunt for the right rod and can concentrate on catching more fish.