Shimano Cardiff A Reels - Marine Power
What do you get when you design a reel with five silky-smooth A-RB bearings, a lightweight, diecast one-piece aluminum frame, Super Stopper anti-reverse and Shimano's VBS braking system? You get a reel you can depend on, day-in and day-out, that will perform beyond your expectations. That's the Cardiff.
Cardiff A Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Round-Profile
- Models Offered: 7
- Key Feature: A-RB Ball Bearings
- Ball Bearings: 4
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 10
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 22-24
Cardiff A Reel Features
- Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning.
- ARB These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- Metal Series is the metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels and now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.