Shimano Chronarch E Reels
HEG Gearing delivers incredible power and torque. Available in multiple gear ratios to cover an entire array of applications. New modern compact design and appearance that ties in perfectly with new Cumara rods.
Chronarch E Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Low-Profile
- Models Offered: 8
- Key Feature: Aluminum Frame And Sideplates
- Ball Bearings: 6
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 11-12
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 25-30
Chronarch E Reel Features
- Super Stopper II anti-reverse uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning.
- Super Free Spool was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First we increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, we have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- ARB These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- S A-RB These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
Out of stock• Retrieve: Right
• Gear Ratio: 8.1:1
• Capacity LB/YD: Mono: 10/120,12/110,14/90
• LPT: 30"• Bearings: 8BB 1RB
• Weight: 6.7 oz.
• MPN: CH150XGG Learn More