Shimano Metanium Reels - Beast
For the avid fisherman and tournament bass angler the new Metanium baitcasting reels are LOW PROFILE all about lightweight versatile performance. Weighing in at 6-ounces (6.2 oz for XG model), Shimano offers three gear ratios to have the optimum retrieve speed to fish jigs & worms, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits, and the XG for flipping or punching.
Metanium Reel Specs
- Family Type : Low-Profile
- Models Offered : 6
- Key Feature : Micro Module Gear System
- Ball Bearings : 9
- Roller Bearings : 1
- Maximum Drag (lb) : 14
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (in) : 26-36
- Weight Range (oz) : 6-6.2
Metanium Reel Features
- The Micro Module Gear System creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- S A-RB bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
Starting at: $399.95
Abu Garcia Revo Toro Beast Low Profile Casting Reels
The Abu Garcia Revo Toro Beast Low Profile Casting Reels were engineered for brute strength and unrelenting performance, the Revo® Toro® Beast delivers a unique platform designed for hard pulling species. Superior cranking power and high line capacities give anglers the upper hand on a variety of fresh and saltwater fish. An aggressive body design creates a more ergonomic feel while adding more power and better gear efficiency. Three different power handles are included with each model in the Toro Beast series, giving anglers a wide variety of customization options. Simply put, the Toro Beast delivers impressive power and durability in a surprisingly compact package.
- 7 stainless steel HPCR™ bearings + 1 roller bearing provides increased corrosion protection
- Power stack Carbon Matrix Drag System™ provides extreme drag pressures combined with unparalleled smoothness
- Active response drag mechanism allows easy drag adjustment even under heavy drag loads
- X-Cräftic™ alloy frame and sideplate for increased corrosion resistance
- Duragear™ Heavy Duty provides increased fighting power and extended gear life
- InfiniMax braking system™ allows almost limitless adjustability to handle larger baits
- Aircraft grade aluminum spool allows for a high strength spool that is extremely lightweight for greater casting performance
- Extended bent handle for increased cranking power
- Large EVA knobs provide improved grip
- Also Includes Power Handle and Casting Power Handle
- Ti coated line guide reduces friction and improves durability
Starting at: $499.99
Metanium DC offers anglers the lightweight and versatile performance of Metanium, now with Shimano’s flagship DC braking technology. With the ability to fine tune the DC braking system to best match line type and conditions, paramount casting distances can be achieved.
I-DC5 Braking allows anglers to select their line type on the inside of the reel, as well as an external dial to select brake force.Learn More