Shimano Metanium Reels - Shimano Tekota Reels
For the avid fisherman and tournament bass angler the new Metanium baitcasting reels are LOW PROFILE all about lightweight versatile performance. Weighing in at 6-ounces (6.2 oz for XG model), Shimano offers three gear ratios to have the optimum retrieve speed to fish jigs & worms, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits, and the XG for flipping or punching.
Metanium Reel Specs
- Family Type : Low-Profile
- Models Offered : 6
- Key Feature : Micro Module Gear System
- Ball Bearings : 9
- Roller Bearings : 1
- Maximum Drag (lb) : 14
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (in) : 26-36
- Weight Range (oz) : 6-6.2
Metanium Reel Features
- The Micro Module Gear System creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- S A-RB bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
With line capacity, construction and advanced features, the Tekota is a great solution for anglers who troll for both fresh and saltwater species. Great Lakes anglers will appreciate the palmable line counter, and saltwater enthusiasts will appreciate the durability and strength.
Tekota Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Star Drag
- Models Offered: 10
- Key Feature: Standard Trolling Reels
- Ball Bearings: 3
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 15-24
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 25-33
Tekota Reel Features
- Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- ARB These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- Metal Series is the metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels and now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
Starting at: $499.99
Metanium DC offers anglers the lightweight and versatile performance of Metanium, now with Shimano’s flagship DC braking technology. With the ability to fine tune the DC braking system to best match line type and conditions, paramount casting distances can be achieved.
I-DC5 Braking allows anglers to select their line type on the inside of the reel, as well as an external dial to select brake force.Learn More
Starting at: $209.99
Tekota’s legacy of durability continues with the fully redesigned Tekota A. Vast improvements have been made, including Coreprotect water resistance to increase corrosion resistance, an easy to replace anti-fogging lens (LC models), loud clickerand new ergonomic S-Compact body design.Learn More