Shimano Sahara FE Reels
Now featuring Shimano's M Compact Body design, the new Sahara FE front drag spinning reels provide trouble-free, tangle-free casting with their Propulsion Line Management System. Anglers will also find our Varispeed II oscillation system that layers the line on the spool in two different speeds for excellent castability. Choose from four different size reels to handle just about anything in freshwater and the inshore saltwater scene.
Sahara FE Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Spinning
- Models Offered: 5
- Key Feature: Propulsion Line Management System
- Ball Bearings: 4
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 7-15
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 6-15
Sahara FE Reel Features
- Super Stopper II anti-reverse uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- S A-RB bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- Dyna-Balance eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Fluidrive II features a large master gear polished using a wrapping process, increasing the efficiency of the retrieve.
- Power Roller II Line twist arising from repeated casting and retrieving is reduced by as much as 50% on reels equipped with the Power Roller line twist reduction system. Power Roller's special grooved design assures the line will be wrapped on the spool to minimize unwanted loops and twists during the cast.
- SR-Concept combines the new concept of Reliance with all aspects of the S-Concept: Smooth, Silent and Strong. The Reliance Concept, or R-Concept, means that dreams in reel design are now evolving into reality. The result of the use of the new S-R Concept in design is the development of many exciting new features.
- Propulsion Line Management System contains a new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.