Shimano Socorro F Reels - Shimano Tyrnos 2-Speed Reels
With sizes from 4000 all the way up to 10000 and high end technologies such as Propulsion and Waterproof Drag, the Socorro has you covered in all big fish applications from inshore to offshore, surf to pier, kayak to boat and saltwater to freshwater.
Socorro F Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Saltwater
- Models Offered: 4
- Key Feature: Propulsion Line Management System
- Ball Bearings: 1
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 14-22
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 32-35
Socorro F Reel Features
- Super Stopper II anti-reverse uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- Dyna-Balance eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Varispeed alters the speed of the oscillation cam to provide a consistent spool speed. This results in an even line lay that provides excellent castability and manageability.
- Propulsion Line Management System contains a new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
The Tyrnos 2-Speed allows for selectable Power or High Speed gear ratio. Rip jigs fast, then put it in low gear for fish-fighting strength. Because two sets of gears are always meshed, changes can even happen under load, and the lever drag system provides easy, on-the-fly adjustments.
Tyrnos 2-Speed Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Lever Drag
- Models Offered: 3
- Key Feature: 2-speed gearing
- Ball Bearings: 4
- Roller Bearings: 0
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 16.5-33
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 45/18-44/16
Tyrnos 2-Speed Reel Features
- ARB These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler’s actions directly into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- Metal Series is the metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels and now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
Out of stock