Shimano Ultegra CI4 Reels
The use of CI4+ delivers a substantial weight saving on the compact Ultegra body making rod speed easier to generate when distance casting. To further increase casting performance the Ultegra uses Super Slow Oscillation line lay and an AR-C spool fitted with Instant Drag for simple, ultra fast adjustment. Cold Forged gearing and X-Ship produce powerful winding performance and 5 Stainless A-RB bearings plus a Shimano Roller bearing deliver supreme smoothness.
Ultegra CI4 Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Surf
- Models Offered: 1
- Key Feature: Shimano Instant Drag
- Ball Bearings: 5
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 33
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 41
Ultegra CI4 Reel Features
- Super Stopper II anti-reverse uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- S A-RB bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- AR-C Spool is a patented spool design with a V-shape spool lip means line peels off the reel in smaller loops, resulting in longer and more accurate casts. The AR-C spool also minimises the risk of backlash.
- Super Slow Oscillation for outstanding line lay.
- Shimano Instant Drag allows a quick adjustment of the front drag knob to take the reel from your current drag setting to free spool in just half a turn.
Starting at: $139.99
Shimano Ultegra Spinning Reels
The new Ultegra Series spinning reels include a HAGANE Gear for incredible durability, X-Ship technology for increased smoothness and efficiency, Aero Wrap Oscillation for perfect line winding and longer casting, and Coreprotect for water resistance without a heavy rotation feeling. To the fisherman, these features work together to create a reel that responds quickly and positively in a wide variety of fishing situations.
The cold-forged, HAGANE Gear provides unmatched smoothness and durability. The HAGANE Gear is produced by applying nearly 200 tons of pressure to the raw metal. This technology involves no cutting work to forge a high-precision gear with micron accuracy in a single process, and this is unlike any other in the world.Learn More