Welcome to the Nation's BEST Rod & Reel Trade-In Program
How it Works
Gather up any of the rods and reels you wish to trade and get a quote by filling out a Trade-In Form or walking into to our showroom in Evansville, Indiana. We will promptly quote you a trade-in value based on the model and condition of the merchandise. You can expect to receive your quote within one business day of submitting.
There are Two Options When Trading
- Determine what you would like to purchase, we will charge your credit card for the full price of the item(s) you are purchasing
- We will ship those items out that same day with a prepaid return shipping label*
- When you receive your new items, take the new ones out and replace them with the used
- Drop the package off at FedEx
- We will refund your credit card for the difference as soon as they are received and inspected
- Determine what you would like to purchase
- We will email you a prepaid return shipping label*
- Package up the used items and send them back to us. How to Pack Your Trade.
- As soon as we receive and inspect your items, we will charge your card for the difference (if there is one) and ship your new items out that same day.
- Any additional credit will be put on a gift card which can be used towards a future purchase
*On each trade-in transaction, there will be a $10, $20, or $30 fee for a prepaid return shipping label depending on whether you are trading in rods, reels, or both.
How We Rate Your Used Gear's Condition
- Mint - Unused with or without tags. Mint condition gear is indistinguishable from new.
- Excellent - Lightly used and well maintained. Excellent gear has no surface blemishes or mechanical hiccups.
- Very Good - Normal usage with clear signs of use, but nothing major.
- Good - Heavy usage with scratches, dents, or other cosmetic blemishes, but nothing that would impact functionality
- Poor - Beat up with damage that impacts functionality (Broken guide, grinding gears, etc.). We do not accept gear that we would deem poor.
Gear Which is Not Acceptable
- We cannot accept any rods or reels that are house brands. That includes, but not limited to, reels or rods that are a Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, Gander Mountain, or Dick's Sporting Goods name brand.
- Also, we cannot accept rods that have been modified from the factory condition. This includes tip top replacement, guide replacement, handle modification, and any other modification that would diminish the resale value.
We cannot accept any rods or reels that are damaged in any way that would affect their performance or functionality.
- And we cannot accept rods or reels deemed "vintage" where collector value is greater than functional value.
- Finally, we reserve the right to confirm ownership and to refuse any rod or reel.